Well, here we go again with President Benigno Simeon “BS” Aquino trumpeting his alleged achievements in the last six years. He even goes as far as to claim that “no one can top his achievements” and both he and his followers continue to believe that he was the “best president the Philippines has ever had”. In that case, let me refresh the memory of our readers regarding President Aquino’s achievements during his disastrous term. Let’s cite President Aquino’s TOP 5 achievements as a last hurrah for the Filipino people before he is finally made to step down from office come this June 30.
So, are you guys ready?
1: THE LUNETA MASSACRE
I don’t know if all of you remember, but there was once a hostage-taking incident that took place in Luneta not long ago. The man’s demands were actually quite simple and it seemed that it could’ve been handled properly if the right people were in charge but, considering the fact that we’re talking about the Philippines here, that was clearly not the case. President Aquino was also there at the scene but what was he doing?
Grinning like an idiot while lives were at stake.
In the end, due to the bungled attempts of police officers on the scene, hostages were killed and the situation unfolded into a terrible tragedy. First thing to blame of course was the media who broadcasted the maltreatment of the hostage-taker’s brother which the latter was able to watch through the bus’ onboard TV. Next of course was the police attempt at raiding the bus by breaking its windows which forced the hostage-taker’s hand. To this day, President Aquino still refuses to apologize for the incident as he clearly won’t take responsibility for the whole incident. He has even gone on to mock the Chinese government and even call them “Nazis” despite the fact that the death of Chinese hostages in the hostage-taking was largely preventable.
2: THE YOLANDA CRISIS
Yolanda was quite probably the most devastating disaster of the decade. Unfortunately, members of the current administration didn’t take the threat seriously which resulted in a large number of deaths and further tragedy. Various people lost their homes and lives to the devastating typhoon and, in the end, many countries are beginning to think twice before sending relief goods to the Philippines due to how many officials botched the relief efforts by taking it for themselves.
To this day, many Pinoys in places devastated by Yolanda remain homeless and hopeless.
3: THE SAF 44 MASSACRE
Another massacre, this time in the jungles of Mamasapano took place in the attempt to capture a terrorist mastermind. In the aftermath of the firefight, 44 brave police officers were butchered like animals by terrorists. The Aquino administration simply called the incident a “misencounter” and, once again, President Aquino has refused to take responsibility for all that had happened and even continues to push the approval of the BBL which will hand over control of territories of Mindanao to terrorist groups in President Aquino’s attempts to net himself the Nobel Prize.
Indeed, President Aquino didn’t even make any move to welcome the body of the slain officers and instead chose to go to some kind of car plant inauguration perhaps so he can gawk at the lovely models that show off the vehicles. He also treated the departed loved ones of the police officers like unwelcome strangers and dismissed them as nobodies who are unworthy of his attention.
4: PUBLIC TRANSPORT DISASTER
Let’s begin with the most obvious:
NAIA or Ninoy Aquino International Airport is ranked as one of the worst airports in the world due to the fact that it has fallen into disrepair and neglect. With its floorboards falling apart and its ceiling caving in, one could be forgiven for thinking that the airport is actually bankrupt. Unfortunately, that doesn’t seem to be the case considering the fact that it manages to rake in quite a bit of cash thanks to the various scams that it has in place.
Yep, I’m talking about the “laglag bala” or bullet-planting scam that seems to have taken the establishment by storm. More and more people seem to become victims of this scam and many others and is a good reason why tourism is beginning to plummet in the Philippines. Besides, who wants to be accused of being a terrorist by being caught with a bullet in one’s luggage.
Next, we have the MRT:
So we got new train cars, eh? Big deal. That doesn’t change the fact that the stations and railway system remain in a ramshackle condition that could fall apart at any moment. While the train cars may be new, there’s always the possibility that the overhead railways could simply fall apart while in transit, causing a considerable amount of death.
And let’s not forget the traffic that President Aquino claims to be a sign of “progress” in the Philippines. Heck, during the disaster that was the APEC meeting, he showed little to no concern for the many Filipinos forced to walk on that day.
5: THE KILLING OF INNOCENT PEOPLE
Last but not least, I will put here some of the most heinous killings that have taken place under President Aquino’s term:
- The Lumads: One of the Philippines many indigent tribes, they were killed by an organization bent on taking their ancestral homes from them in order to lay claim to their valuable natural resources. While sheltered and protected, it seems that the Lumads won’t be able to reclaim their homes so easily now that it has been overtaken by an industrial project of some kind.
- The Kidapawan Farmers: The killing of the Kidapawan farmers was another preventable tragedy that the LP and, by extension, the Aquino administration failed to prevent. The farmers of Kidapawan simply wanted food for their troubles but were instead fired upon by police officers who were supposed to be protecting them. The reason for all this trouble? The governor of Kidapawan, a staunch member of the LP, simply wouldn’t allow other public officials to give the farmers any relief goods without her approval which subsequently caused the famine in her territory to worsen and make the farmers desperate for food.
- The Canadian ASG Hostages: Yet another bungled hostage drama is taking place in Mindanao, this time with Canadian nationals who have been taken hostage. A number of them had already been beheaded but it seems that all President Aquino can do for them is say some fancy speeches about “declaring war” on the ASG despite the fact that he had six years to actually do something about the said terrorist group.
[Photo courtesy ABS-CBN News.]
- Isang Mensahe Para Kay Mocha Uson, Ang Bagong Myembro Ng MTRCB - January 6, 2017
- 3 Steps To Finding Success And Happiness In One’s Life - December 24, 2016
- How Pinoy Over-Romanticism Destroys Us As Persons - December 19, 2016
- Why I Think The Catholic Church In The Philippines Is Doing More Harm Than Good - December 6, 2016
- No More Nonsense Films For This Year’s MMFF: Why I Have Some Hope For The Media - December 4, 2016