According to homicide incidence figures taken from the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime’s International Homicide Statistics database, the incidence of intentional homicides jumped from lows of 6.44 and 6.93 per 100,000 in 2008 and 2009 respectively (towards the end of the term of former President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo) to rates in excess of 9 per 100,000 over the first three years of the term of then President Benigno Simeon ‘BS’ Aquino III.
The following chart clearly illustrate the jump in homicide rates from 2010 when Aquino took office as President.
Indeed, towards the end of Arroyo’s term, homide rates were undergoing a downward trend. The trend was abruptly broken and significantly changed in direction at the beginning of the Second Aquino Administration.
- Sedition charges against Robredo et al are based on sworn statements and not mere “viral” YouTube videos - July 20, 2019
- Inquirer columnist Rina Jimenez-David hints at inviting UN-backed military incursion into the Philippines! - July 17, 2019
- Filipinos should change the name of the Philippines to “Riceland” because Filipinos eat rice - July 16, 2019
- Maria Ressa is proof that Corporate Media are no longer credible reporters of “news” - July 14, 2019
- Malacanang assertion that communists are behind UNHRC “investigation” holds water - July 13, 2019