According to homicide incidence figures taken from the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime’s International Homicide Statistics database, the incidence of intentional homicides jumped from lows of 6.44 and 6.93 per 100,000 in 2008 and 2009 respectively (towards the end of the term of former President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo) to rates in excess of 9 per 100,000 over the first three years of the term of then President Benigno Simeon ‘BS’ Aquino III.
The following chart clearly illustrate the jump in homicide rates from 2010 when Aquino took office as President.
Indeed, towards the end of Arroyo’s term, homide rates were undergoing a downward trend. The trend was abruptly broken and significantly changed in direction at the beginning of the Second Aquino Administration.
- Science may hold the key to understanding why Filipinos distrust one another - November 13, 2018
- On Remembrance Day, Filipinos are called to be CRYSTAL CLEAR about what they FIGHT for - November 12, 2018
- Filipino Twitter Titas shriek “The sky is falling!!” on prospect of Chinese telcos entering Philippine market - November 8, 2018
- Filipinos need to modernise their primitive politics - November 8, 2018
- Elitist mentality of UP “activists” on display following Mocha Uson event at Diliman campus - October 30, 2018