According to homicide incidence figures taken from the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime’s International Homicide Statistics database, the incidence of intentional homicides jumped from lows of 6.44 and 6.93 per 100,000 in 2008 and 2009 respectively (towards the end of the term of former President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo) to rates in excess of 9 per 100,000 over the first three years of the term of then President Benigno Simeon ‘BS’ Aquino III.
The following chart clearly illustrate the jump in homicide rates from 2010 when Aquino took office as President.
Indeed, towards the end of Arroyo’s term, homide rates were undergoing a downward trend. The trend was abruptly broken and significantly changed in direction at the beginning of the Second Aquino Administration.
- More Filipinos would take public transport if sando and shorts are deemed acceptable attire - August 16, 2018
- No Single Driver rule on EDSA is sweet revenge for Manila’s long-suffering commuting public - August 15, 2018
- Martial Law Crybabies demonise @MsLeaSalonga because Presidents Cory and BS Aquino failed to jail the Marcoses! - August 13, 2018
- Mocha Uson’s followers have a responsibility to keep Mocha Uson honest and progressive - August 11, 2018
- Filipino-style ‘labour activism’ makes Filipino workers poorer rather than richer - August 1, 2018