According to homicide incidence figures taken from the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime’s International Homicide Statistics database, the incidence of intentional homicides jumped from lows of 6.44 and 6.93 per 100,000 in 2008 and 2009 respectively (towards the end of the term of former President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo) to rates in excess of 9 per 100,000 over the first three years of the term of then President Benigno Simeon ‘BS’ Aquino III.
The following chart clearly illustrate the jump in homicide rates from 2010 when Aquino took office as President.
Indeed, towards the end of Arroyo’s term, homide rates were undergoing a downward trend. The trend was abruptly broken and significantly changed in direction at the beginning of the Second Aquino Administration.
- Filipino “activists” are using demands for COVID-19 “mass testing” to further their DISHONEST political agenda - May 23, 2020
- #ABSCBN is TOAST after losing in Congress and losing in court! - May 20, 2020
- The COVID-19 pandemic laid the foundation for modern public transport in the Philippines - May 20, 2020
- #ABSCBN is wasting its time and its brand relying on “people power” and celebrity “fandom” - May 18, 2020
- A @nytimes “report” on the ABS-CBN shutdown written by Jason Gutierrez is full of LIES - May 16, 2020