According to homicide incidence figures taken from the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime’s International Homicide Statistics database, the incidence of intentional homicides jumped from lows of 6.44 and 6.93 per 100,000 in 2008 and 2009 respectively (towards the end of the term of former President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo) to rates in excess of 9 per 100,000 over the first three years of the term of then President Benigno Simeon ‘BS’ Aquino III.
The following chart clearly illustrate the jump in homicide rates from 2010 when Aquino took office as President.
Indeed, towards the end of Arroyo’s term, homide rates were undergoing a downward trend. The trend was abruptly broken and significantly changed in direction at the beginning of the Second Aquino Administration.
- Democracy’s and its social media politics’ TEN YEAR Challenge - January 18, 2019
- Gillette should decide whether “toxic masculinity” is a bigger issue than TOXIC WASTE - January 16, 2019
- Meltdown of Brand Kris Aquino is dragging the Philippine Opposition to electoral oblivion! - January 15, 2019
- Filipinos have NOTHING TO FEAR from the Department of Foreign Affairs passport data theft circus - January 14, 2019
- Philippine Opposition led by the Liberal Party set to suffer major losses in the 2019 elections - January 10, 2019