To the legend of Helen of Troy launching a thousand ships, the Philippines has Michelle Mediana whose beauty could prevent the launching of a thousand missiles. Perhaps this lady’s classy presence is a welcome break amid testosterone-fueled tensions between the Philippine and Taiwanese governments that was sparked by the alleged shooting of a Taiwanese fisherman by the Philippine Coast Guard. ABS-CBN News reports…
Mediana’s looks became a topic on Taiwanese TV, and her pictures landed on the front page of different newspapers.
Taiwanese reporter Anna Hsieh said their viewers appreciated Mediana for her fresh and youthful looks, which is a different take from their standard of beauty.
“She stands out from a crowd, people immediately see her,” Hsieh said.
Some newspapers jokingly referred to her as the Philippine’s “secret weapon” who could become an ambassador to end the ongoing rift.
Some speculated that Mediana was intentionally sent to either distract or appease the Taiwanese.
I guess this development is a reminder to us all of just what people really look for in their media. I am happy to report beauty and charms still trump guns and tanks anytime![Photo source Instagram.]
Mediana is a TV5 television news reporter on location in Taipei covering the situation on the ground there as Taiwan’s diplomatic row with Manila rages. Since she was spotted by TV viewers while being interviewed by the Taiwanese media, Mediana has become a media and social media sensation.
At least two Taiwanese news sites dug up photos and info from Mediana’s Facebook account and now call her by her nickname Mischi.
You go girl!
- Prosperity for the countryside: Promote the Philippines as a haven for “digital nomads” - July 30, 2019
- Gretchen Fullido sexual harassment scandal in a time of man-shaming - October 6, 2018
- #ABSCBNBall2018 exhibits all that is wrong about the way Philippine showbiz portrays “class” - September 30, 2018
- Excitement over Panda Express arrival exhibits the power of brands over Filipino consumers - September 28, 2018
- Not really an “Asian” movie but I’m excited to see Crazy Rich Asians nonetheless - August 22, 2018