If it’s actually the first time you’re learning about the US Presidential Elections, a trip to the US at this time would certainly be an eye-opening experience and will probably be worth years of intensive education in all things American.
But if you’re going to the US as a journalist of any sort, certain things are expected and the least of which is to come up with a story that hasn’t been written before or at least doesn’t look like it.
Of course, there’s that bit of “magic” that comes with supposedly capturing an event as it is “filtered” through your experience and viewpoint. Â I’d buy that crap only if I were at all still enthralled by “Dead Poets Society” and think that my inner universe is “uniquely beautiful”, therefore is something that should be “inflicted” on strangers online like a case of one-night-stand-Las-Vegas-herpes.
But I’m no longer caught up in that movie’s magic moment and over the years, I’ve learned to adopt a more socially acceptable level of self-importance.
(Uhm… And also, if YOU ARE going to interview anyone, try to cut down on talking about yourself and get to the questions as quickly as you can. Â I mean, people want to see or hear the answers of the interviewee NOT THE INTERVIEWER.)
Moreover, if you are member of any Pinoy delegation of any sort and are expected to write about it, I’d probably skip the part where you try to make a comparison between Philippine and US politics.
First, because any comparison is going to be a useless exposition of everything that has been written before.
Second, and this is something you really have to think about, you have to ask yourself: What politicalÂ insight can the common Filipino observer add to the tomes written about the American Democratic thought over the last two hundred years?
- Did Angkas ‘ Minions at DOTr’s TWG Connive to Create a Monopoly? - November 11, 2019
- Will the 30th Sea GAMES Scores in the Philippines Be Written in Chalk? - November 10, 2019
- Will DOTR Usec. Mark Richmund De Leon Get A Christmas Gift from Angkas? - November 3, 2019
- Will SteelAsia ‘s Substandard QT Rebar Cause Buildings to Collapse in The Big One? - November 3, 2019
- Is The Greedy Monopolistic Angkas Also Violating Philippine Foreign Ownership Laws? - October 29, 2019