Here is my bet at the cast of the inevitable movie version of the late Steve Jobs’s life. The main characters will of course be Jobs and the two other guys who figured the most in making Apple what it is today — Steve Wozniak and John Sculley…
Steve Jobs to be played by Keanu Reeves. C’mon, I mean were these two separated at birth or what? Reeves is the obvious choice. And he’s got the experience playing quirky characters in past movies to back his claim to this plum role. Discounting his starring role in the classic hit The Matrix, Reeves took off-the-radar roles in lesser-known films, such as the spaced-out dentist in Thumbsucker and a lost soul drifter in The Secret Life of Pippa Lee.
Steve Wozniak to be played by Jack Black. Sure Jack Black is the funny man while Woz is the Ã¼ber-nerd who co-founded Apple and provided the engineering muscle behind the fledgling enterprise. But like Woz (who once spent a chunk of his fortune trying to re-create Woodstock just for kicks), Black is all rock n roll as evident in a convincing gig playing Dewey Finn in School of Rock as well as geek engineer Ian Lamont in the 1997 film The Jackal (when he was still an unknown).
John Sculley to be played by John Slattery. Slattery plays a credible advertising executive in the hit TV series Mad Men and seems to have the strong enough scowl to play the man who fired Steve Jobs.
Any bets on who’s going to play Bill Gates?
- More Filipinos would take public transport if sando and shorts are deemed acceptable attire - August 16, 2018
- No Single Driver rule on EDSA is sweet revenge for Manila’s long-suffering commuting public - August 15, 2018
- Martial Law Crybabies demonise @MsLeaSalonga because Presidents Cory and BS Aquino failed to jail the Marcoses! - August 13, 2018
- Mocha Uson’s followers have a responsibility to keep Mocha Uson honest and progressive - August 11, 2018
- Filipino-style ‘labour activism’ makes Filipino workers poorer rather than richer - August 1, 2018