It’s no wonder the Philippine Opposition led by the Liberal Party (a.k.a. the Yellowtards) and the commies continue to fail at recapturing the loyalties of the vast base of voters they lost back in 2016. As hard as they try, they are unable to shake off the elitist image they inadvertently project as an ironic result of their incessant virtue signalling.
A statement issued by the University Student Council of the Diliman campus of the University of the Philippines on Twitter in response to a Lumad event graced by former Assistant Secretary Mocha Uson illustrates this pompous and presumptuous nature that keeps the Opposition out of touch with the public sentiment…
Mariing kinukundina ng USC UP Diliman ang ginawang program ng ilang nagpakilalang mga Indigenous Peoples na pinangunahan ni Mocha Uson sa Quezon Hall. Dumalo at magpadalo sa kilos protesta ngayon sa AS Steps!
Translated: “The University Student Council of UP Diliman vehemently condemn the program organised by a number of people claiming to be members of communities of Indigenous People’s headed by Mocha Uson held at the Quezon Hall. Attend and participate in protest action [against this] at the [Arts and Sciences (AS)] Steps!”
It seems these “activists” are forgetting that the UP is a public facility and that no one group or organisation of students could claim authority over who can or who cannot participate in public events held within its campuses.
For that matter, the USC does not represent the general sentiments of the UP student body and has no right to lay claim over the concept of iskolar ng bayan (national scholars). That is a privilege granted to every UP student by the state.
UP students are better off focusing on their studies and ensuring they learn what the really important skills needed to contribute real value to the effort of building a strong nations. Subscribing to the obsolete sloganeering of the communists that infest the USC is not one of those pathways to becoming a productive citizen of the modern society Filipinos aspire to build.
- Opposition candidates should distance themselves from the International Criminal Court intervention in the Philippines - March 19, 2019
- Successful pullout of the Philippines from the International Criminal Court highlights the stupidity of the Philippine Opposition - March 17, 2019
- “Open the bypass!” Are we talking about water flow or vehicle traffic? - March 15, 2019
- There’s no need to “normalise” dishonesty in the Philippines because dishonesty is already NORMAL there - March 10, 2019
- Are the TNT Boys a source of Filipino pride? - March 3, 2019