What we feared would happen has happened. Because:
1. Despite the propaganda, three critical features were once again ignored by the Commission on Elections (COMELEC). These are: the digital signatures of the Board of Election Inspectors (that tell us that the results transmitted to Central HQ indeed come from the claimed precinct), the use of UV lamps (that determine the authenticity of the ballots fed into the machines), and voter verification (that tells you whether your vote was indeed counted. Voters with biometrics have not been able to vote while those without have been able).
2. Opposition did not insist on parallel servers (minimum should have been three). The transparency server was not in parallel as it was being fed by the one of Comelec. Transparency is therefore a big misnomer in this case.
|SUPPORT INDEPENDENT SOCIAL COMMENTARY!|
Subscribe to our Substack community GRP Insider where you can opt to receive by email our more comprehensive and in-depth free weekly newsletter GRP Mail. Consider also supporting our efforts to remain an independent channel for social commentary and insight by sponsoring us through a small donation or a monthly paid subscription.
Subscribe to our Substack newsletter, GRP Insider!
* * *I am beginning to think that the case of the enye (“ñ”) character was one big diversionary tactic. It made the public focused on that one miserable server in order to take away their attention from what was going on at the provincial and municipal levels. It was a well laid plan and speed had to be its ally. And now, the Comelec is so proud they conducted the fastest election EVER in the planet’s history. Congratulations, guys, you can rot in hell from hereon.
First congratulation goes to Parish Pastoral Council for Responsible Voting (PPCRV) chair Tita de Villa for giving the impression that the PPCRV remains a Church-based organization to give it some credibility. I used to admire you, Ma’am, but why have you not been open to the public that the Church has already dissociated itself from your organization? Since 2013, wasn’t it? At the continuous urging of Simbahang Lingkod ng Bayan (SLB) since 2010, the Church finally separated itself from you. Why can’t you acknowledge this? Is it because SLB is a rival organization who think better, that you even plagiarized their election manual and made questionable modifications to it? For sure, SLB thinks independently and better, and you have become the most avid defender of the Comelec and SmartmaGic? You should have abstained at the very least because you are a member of a #NeverAgain movement.
Congratulations are also in order for all the Comelec commissioners, particularly Chairman Andres Bautista. Sir, you were once a campaign manager for Mar Roxas and recently the Chairman of PCGG, whose very job description is to go against the Marcoses. But, of course, you were the perfect choice to be the Comelec Chairman, whose very unwritten job description is to stop Bongbong Marcos; afterall, President Benigno Simeon Aquino III (PNoy) is known for his selective justice.
It was good that the prevailing sentiment was to get rid of the Yellow hegemony, and this is reflected in the runaway votes of President-elect Rodrigo Duterte (DU30). In terms of absolute numbers, his votes were bigger than PNoy’s but that only reflects a population growth. We cannot call it a landslide because in terms of percentage, DU30’s votes were still lower than that of Erap and PNoy. Fortunately, they were enough; they were impervious to the counts of the Virtual Counting Machines.
If the votes truly reflected the legit Visual Counting Machines, I have a feeling the margin of DU30 would have reached 10 million votes, and not just 6 or 7 million votes. It seems their plan is only good for 3 million votes without being too blatant about their sinister plot. Or, seeing that 3 million would not help in overcoming a six million margin, they just gave up and Hello Garcia had to adjust the enye so that it would likely only hit BBM, and not DU30 — a perfect cover that gives the election some kind of legitimacy. But let us see, Roxas in second place, defying all polls that said this was supposed to be a contest between DU30 and Poe??? My gosh, the plan almost worked.Unfortunately, it worked on BBM. 3.2 million under-votes? And they are fighting with everything so that these votes would not be called “missing” or “unaccounted” votes. But, how could they say they are not when such are the basis of Mar’s protest against Binay in 2010. It is a technique that was invented by the talentado minds of the Samar Group of Malacañang. They didn’t bother to use it on the Overseas Absentee Voting, and look at the ratios of votes of DU30 and BBM against all the other candidates in all those countries. Could the sentiments of the OFWs be different from sentiments of Filipinos who have decided to stay home and in fact are more subjected to the yellow aggravation day-in and day-out?
With all the cards in the system stacked up against BBM, I will understand if he does not pursue a protest. He will have to spend a minimum of Php280 million for this protest and the ROIs are very iffy to say the least. There are 25 ways to Sunday; there are many ways to protest, afterall. Whatever, Sir Bonget, please think that this is no longer about you. It is about clean and honest elections. We know you didn’t lose, they just stole from you. So even if you will need to spend a billion, please pursue some kind of a protest. The Yellows have done more harm to the country than all the ML years.
In the meantime, I hope Leni delivers something for the people. Most Congressmen who have worked with both Leni and BBM say that Leni is an amateur compared to the professionalism and management capability of BBM, so I don’t know what she will deliver. But, Madam, you have to deliver something for you had the most expensive campaign using DAP funds. That’s our money, Ma’am. Delivering something does not mean being atat na atat of the position for that is all what you are now from somebody who was reluctant at first. Aahh, what transformation Trapos can do. PNoy has now devastated whatever legacy his parents had. Don’t do that to your husband for people have a way of getting back as shown by the repudiation of Daang Matuwid in this 2016 referendum, and not just karma.
- Inequality is the engine of political change that society and government need to come to terms with - June 6, 2016
- President Rodrigo Duterte will replace the Church and ‘civil society’ as the nation’s champion of Equality - June 5, 2016
- Rigged by design: Officials of COMELEC and election watchdog PPCRV are all members of anti-Marcos movements - May 28, 2016
- Let us all stop judging Rodrigo Duterte using traditional standards - May 9, 2016
- Stupid legacy: PNoy threat to launch ‘people power’ if Duterte and Marcos Jr win - April 20, 2016