Zero points. That is what Filipino divers John Elmerson Fabriga and John David Pahoyo got after botched dives today during this year’s Southeast Asian Games (SEAG) in Singapore. Fabriga who went first landed on his back and Pahoyo, who followed, awkwardly landed feet first. Both seemingly failing to attain enough altitude in their launches off the board.
Malaysia won the gold medal in that event while Indonesia and Singapore placed second and third respectively. Both Filipino divers ranking 7th and 8th.
A post (visible to the public at the time of this writing) on Pahoyo’s Facebook profile provided some hints as to how much preparation some Filipino athletes may have had before joining the games. The following excerpt refers to a separate event where Pahoyo reveals preparation took all of four days…
Yey! I’m so proud of us pakner John Fabriga, we really did our best despite of we just practiced this synchro dives for just 4 days, even though we failed to win, but atleast we did overcame what we once knew was out limit, and that makes us a champion…
Watch footage of the two Filipino divers…
- Time to take back ACTIVISM from the communists and Yellowtards! - October 26, 2020
- Why do communists have a problem with being “red-tagged”? - October 25, 2020
- Liza Soberano “red-tagged” because she consorts with COMMUNIST front group GABRIELA - October 24, 2020
- Manifesto of the Yellowtard Wet Dream - October 19, 2020
- Philippine “activism” is in a PR crisis and the Baby River “issue” worsened it - October 19, 2020