I have lots to do today but some mysterious force compels me to spend a few minutes recognizing the 4th of July celebration in the US. I have no problem admitting I was alive when the US turned 200. To this day I was traumatized by how cheesy I found this Twinkie ad. Check out the opening panel.
When other cultures hate America and call them decadent infidels, this sentiment and this ad don’t help. Capt. America practicing to be “fantastic” when he should be out there fighting crime and foiling terrorists. Even at ten years old this set off the cheese alert. Do you think I got any better as I got older? Between that insensate WIN radio chant and the question that Love Radio should never answer or even ask ( Kailangan pa bang i-memorize yan? ) I am so glad I gave up Manila radio when RJ FM purged all their 70s psychedelic CDs. Where have you gone Rockofmanila??
Finally now that there are three movies all the bandwagon jumpers know that Captain America is the super soldier ideal. He is a symbol of what could have been if the scientist who created his formula had not been killed by some Nazi spy. Yet here he is endorsing Twinkies. A product that usually leads any list of unhealthy food. Then again studies show that as much as 2/3 of American adults are obese. Maybe Captain America and Hostess really know what it is like to be American. Happy Fourth of July!!
Here is the full ad.
- Kickoff For The 2018 NFL Regular Season Is Almost Here - August 16, 2018
- Why ‘Who Sings This ? ‘ Is Usually A Dumb Question - August 14, 2018
- Hate For Gloria Or Hate For Aquino Incompetency? - July 25, 2018
- Four Days Of World Class Sports That Further Showcase Pinoy Sports Futility - July 19, 2018
- A Simple Solution For The Problem Of Trolls Who Tell You What To Write - July 5, 2018