Kudos to whoever made this photoshopped image of Manny Pacquiao making like Coach in Miami! Brilliant!
It’s true in a different sense, however. The Filipino pound-for-pound greatest fighter in the world is making a career move into what remains the Philippines’ favourite sport…
Pacquiao’s love for basketball is no secret, and he told reporters in the Philippines this week that he was taking the coaching position seriously.
“A great responsibility,” Pacquiao said.
That being said, the next fight for the 147-pound champion is scheduled for November, shortly after the PBA season begins. The opponent remains unclear, though there’s speculation that it could be a fifth bout against Juan Manuel Marquez.
Quips NBA coach Erik Spoelstra: “Well, I’m not taking a boxing job…”
Spoelstra gained fame amongst Filipinos on account of the “Filipino blood” supposedly flowing through his veins.[Image source: Twitter]
- The LGBTQ cause: how a once-dignified community became a POWER-HUNGRY lynch mob of cyber-bullies - August 22, 2019
- Is anybody on the side of Farmers Plaza janitress Chayra Ganal? - August 20, 2019
- Filipinos need to get REALLY serious about rooting out corruption – specially in their police force - August 20, 2019
- Change cannot be avoided. Stop thinking like VICTIMS. Refuse to be one! - August 19, 2019
- Genuine Filipino “activists” need to distance themselves from COMMUNISTS and their “New People’s Army” - August 16, 2019