Kudos to whoever made this photoshopped image of Manny Pacquiao making like Coach in Miami! Brilliant!
It’s true in a different sense, however. The Filipino pound-for-pound greatest fighter in the world is making a career move into what remains the Philippines’ favourite sport…
Pacquiao’s love for basketball is no secret, and he told reporters in the Philippines this week that he was taking the coaching position seriously.
“A great responsibility,” Pacquiao said.
That being said, the next fight for the 147-pound champion is scheduled for November, shortly after the PBA season begins. The opponent remains unclear, though there’s speculation that it could be a fifth bout against Juan Manuel Marquez.
Quips NBA coach Erik Spoelstra: “Well, I’m not taking a boxing job…”
Spoelstra gained fame amongst Filipinos on account of the “Filipino blood” supposedly flowing through his veins.[Image source: Twitter]
- Leni Robredo and other Opposition leaders’ statements hinder efforts to manage the COVID-19 pandemic - August 3, 2020
- Lockdown or no lockdown Filipinos remain helpless against COVID-19 - August 2, 2020
- Filipino-American nutjobs cry bloody “cultural appropriation” over Barkada wine bar - August 2, 2020
- The world will not wait for the Philippines to recover from COVID-19 - July 31, 2020
- Philippine Opposition fails again to respond INTELLIGENTLY to Duterte’s 2020 SONA - July 28, 2020