Kudos to whoever made this photoshopped image of Manny Pacquiao making like Coach in Miami! Brilliant!
It’s true in a different sense, however. The Filipino pound-for-pound greatest fighter in the world is making a career move into what remains the Philippines’ favourite sport…
Pacquiao’s love for basketball is no secret, and he told reporters in the Philippines this week that he was taking the coaching position seriously.
“A great responsibility,” Pacquiao said.
That being said, the next fight for the 147-pound champion is scheduled for November, shortly after the PBA season begins. The opponent remains unclear, though there’s speculation that it could be a fifth bout against Juan Manuel Marquez.
Quips NBA coach Erik Spoelstra: “Well, I’m not taking a boxing job…”
Spoelstra gained fame amongst Filipinos on account of the “Filipino blood” supposedly flowing through his veins.[Image source: Twitter]
- Filipino communists missed a big chance to up their “cause” when they criticised Duterte’s VFA cancellation - January 25, 2020
- What didn’t destroy Duterte only made him more popular - January 23, 2020
- Leni “Look at Me” Robredo is not helping calm Taal evacuees by engaging in PR stunts - January 22, 2020
- Mass entertainment in the Philippines should be controlled to prevent further dumbing down of Filipinos - January 19, 2020
- Media people are not victims. They are members of big powerful organisations with lots of money! - January 10, 2020