Pi is still, theoretically, an endless number and yet it ends when the minds that can conceive or perceive it ends.
Computers can calculate the last number of Pi only as far as the formula used and the capacity of the computer to calculate. Beyond which, I suppose, Pi goes on and on. But in case you are wondering what number is at the end of Pi at the 2 quadrillionth place is, it’s zero — according to one report.
Here is what is said of Pi:
Being an irrational number, π cannot be expressed exactly as a common fraction. Consequently its decimal representation never ends and never settles into a permanent repeating pattern. The digits appear to be randomly distributed although no proof of this has yet been discovered. Also, π is a transcendental number – a number that is not the root of any nonzero polynomial having rational coefficients. This transcendence of π implies that it is impossible to solve the ancient challenge of squaring the circle with a compass and straight-edge.
Apart from being a good diversion in prison or the psychiatric word, calculating the last number of Pi can give you an idea of what is meant by the words endless, incalculable, uncountable, infinite, and eternal.
Amazing as it is, Pi does little to solve anything beyond mathematical problems. For example, it doesn’t tell you how to be a better person and how to relate better with other persons — which, to me, is the whole point of human life.
Thing is, if it is possible for human beings to go on forever like the number Pi, what would be the point?
Can you imagine yourself, as you are now or perhaps when you are much older, going on forever and ever?
- CamSur Rep. Lray Villafuerte Leads Ouster Plot Vs. GMA After Discovery of His P1 Billion Pork - September 18, 2018
- CamSur’s Villafuertes and the Bayanihan Federalism Constitution’s Anti-Dynasty Provision - September 13, 2018
- CamSur Gov. Migz Villafuerte Hits His Province With Rice Crisis - August 27, 2018
- Mayor Tommy Osmeña And The Dopesickness of Cebu City - August 13, 2018
- “Kuryente” Story on Journalist Magna Carta Sends Yellow Journos and Hao Shaos On A Tililing Rampage - July 26, 2018