Wasn’t Saint Peter crucified head down because (as tradition tells us) he did not feel worthy to die like his Lord Jesus Christ? Apparently some don’t subscribe to that belief. Keeping to a renowned tradition of subjecting themselves to extreme self-flagellation, Filipino penitents have themselves crucified — for real — in Mining, Pampanga, Philippines. The whole thing was captured by photographer Benny Aldaba.
See the complete album of photos on Facebook here.
* * *
Centurion and cohorts looking for the accused–with a motorized detachment (above).
A really long nail (above).
The agony of a two-inch nail driven through your palm (above).
Hammering the nail in (above).
Penitent whipped with palm stalks (above).
* * *
[Photos published here with permission from photographer Benny Aldaba. For more info or to get in touch with Benny, refer to his Facebook profile at Facebook.com/BennyA.]
- More Filipinos would take public transport if sando and shorts are deemed acceptable attire - August 16, 2018
- No Single Driver rule on EDSA is sweet revenge for Manila’s long-suffering commuting public - August 15, 2018
- Martial Law Crybabies demonise @MsLeaSalonga because Presidents Cory and BS Aquino failed to jail the Marcoses! - August 13, 2018
- Mocha Uson’s followers have a responsibility to keep Mocha Uson honest and progressive - August 11, 2018
- Filipino-style ‘labour activism’ makes Filipino workers poorer rather than richer - August 1, 2018