Remember the old days when you had to know how to program a computer in order to use one? Nowadays using a computer is like watching TV. We use it without having to know what makes it tick. There is no appreciation of how clever one had to be to come up with an app like, say, Facebook. In schools, nowadays, a “computer course” is where students learn how to use MS Office. Back in the old days, computer courses taught kids how to program computers using the BASIC programming language. Kids are taught now to use rather than how to build.
Most computer users today are likely to have never seen or even heard of a command prompt. They simply point, click, drag, and drop stuff. Oh yes, and they occasionally write something too.
- Kakie Pangilinan needs to check her privilege - June 28, 2020
- @StephenSackur HardTalks Maria Ressa, tells her to GET REAL! - June 26, 2020
- The curious cases of “activist” entertainers like Lea Salonga - June 21, 2020
- Maria Ressa’s apologists continue to emotionally blackmail Filipinos into hating the system that convicted her - June 15, 2020
- “Free Speech. Yes. Falsehood, No.” – press statement of Wilfredo Keng on Maria Ressa’s conviction - June 15, 2020