Wasn’t Saint Peter crucified head down because (as tradition tells us) he did not feel worthy to die like his Lord Jesus Christ? Apparently some don’t subscribe to that belief. Keeping to a renowned tradition of subjecting themselves to extreme self-flagellation, Filipino penitents have themselves crucified — for real — in Mining, Pampanga, Philippines. The whole thing was captured by photographer Benny Aldaba.
See the complete album of photos on Facebook here.
* * *
Centurion and cohorts looking for the accused–with a motorized detachment (above).
A really long nail (above).
The agony of a two-inch nail driven through your palm (above).
Hammering the nail in (above).
Penitent whipped with palm stalks (above).
* * *
[Photos published here with permission from photographer Benny Aldaba. For more info or to get in touch with Benny, refer to his Facebook profile at Facebook.com/BennyA.]
- Philippine Opposition fails to propose ALTERNATIVES to Duterte’s “senatoriables” - April 20, 2018
- Ph employers hire college grads for work that requires only hi-school grads just because they can - April 19, 2018
- Ellen Tordesillas of Vera Files bares lack of guiding definition for “fake news” to “fact check” Facebook! - April 18, 2018
- Facebook users should be left to decide what is fake and what is authentic - April 17, 2018
- Rappler “fact checking” partnership with Facebook is turning into a FIASCO - April 16, 2018