Wasn’t Saint Peter crucified head down because (as tradition tells us) he did not feel worthy to die like his Lord Jesus Christ? Apparently some don’t subscribe to that belief. Keeping to a renowned tradition of subjecting themselves to extreme self-flagellation, Filipino penitents have themselves crucified — for real — in Mining, Pampanga, Philippines. The whole thing was captured by photographer Benny Aldaba.
See the complete album of photos on Facebook here.
* * *
Centurion and cohorts looking for the accused–with a motorized detachment (above).
A really long nail (above).
The agony of a two-inch nail driven through your palm (above).
Hammering the nail in (above).
Penitent whipped with palm stalks (above).
* * *
[Photos published here with permission from photographer Benny Aldaba. For more info or to get in touch with Benny, refer to his Facebook profile at Facebook.com/BennyA.]
- Good Filipino Catholics agree: Mocha Uson deserves her UST award! - January 22, 2018
- “Press freedom” was killed by Filipino LAZINESS and not by the Philippine government - January 21, 2018
- Jover Laurio and her former call centre employer may have violated Australian privacy laws - January 20, 2018
- Rappler CEO Maria Ressa is a FAKE VICTIM because she is a crime SUSPECT - January 19, 2018
- Rappler supporters use their foreign media allies to exploit Filipino colonial mentality - January 18, 2018