This post will be a bit shorter than usual. It’s quite noticeable that many people (esp. in Facebook) just read the title and hastily jump to react and issue comments without even bothering to read the actual article itself. Yes, that’s the sad reality (lack of time or sheer laziness) – and it’s quite easy to prove.
For anyone who just reads the title without even peeping into the article content, you will readily notice their comments to this article will be in violent rabid protest – even branding the author to be a Yellow freak. But then the more disciplined minority will hopefully step in to rebuke these “fake readers”.
The reason why many posts in Facebook are just meme posters with big bold letters is that it is increasingly difficult to get people’s attention nowadays. There are probably just too many ads, news feeds, faces and even garbage out there all crying out for the horde of potential traffic to click, like, love and share.
So long for that long introduction. Now to the meat of the article. Well for most readers here at GRP who have gotten accustomed to anything issued by the Zaxx-man, things are not always what they seem. Yup, I did like watching the Transformers even in my younger days… esp. listening to the “more than meets the eye” line of the theme song.
Why this seemingly sudden shift in tone? Well one thing’s for sure – I’m definitely not for allowing the incompetent Yellows having their cake. Duterte is a political strategist, and a cunning one at that – someone whose moves can hardly be anticipated by most people.
While so many DDS and pro-Duterte supporters simply abhor Leni, the “fake VP”. Duterte actually shows respect for the lady – even addressing her “Ma’am”. That’s where the mystery kicks in.
Why then in anyone’s wildest dreams will having Duterte step down to make way for Leni do any good for the country or his legacy as a president? Well for one, I really can’t imagine Congress to approve a bill calling for capital punishment for corrupt officials. Did you guys see that picture circulating in socmed about how in China, about two dozen corrupt officials were being lined up to be executed by firing squad? Well that’s never gonna happen in the Philippines simply because of some chicken-egg situation, UNLESS…
The only real way to change the country from the top is by a complete overhaul of its laws. How long will it take for the guys in Congress to come up with a new Federal constitution which Duterte promised to the people? Probably as long as it took to give him emergency powers to solve traffic in Manila. Knowing the guy, he simply does not have the patience for long-playing dragging drama. He wants things done expediently. And when that wick runs out, we can expect something very drastic to take place – all to the surprise of unsuspecting Filipinos.
Other than stamping out drugs, Duterte’s only other real agenda is Federalism. After almost 2 years, it’s still making its baby steps in the halls of Congress. Is Duterte really going to wait this out? So here’s the plan. There’s a high probability Duterte will suddenly step down one of these days, and all hell will break loose. Imagine the scenario that takes place…
- Duterte steps down.
- PET is not yet finished with the Bongbong vs. Leni electoral protest.
- Leni is about to get crowned (by virtue of the Cory constitution) as Yellow queen of the land
- Yellows rejoice in jubilant victory.
- Duterte supporters flood the streets in protest/rallies.
- The military sides with the people (as in EDSA I)
- We all wake up one morning under a new Federal Republic of the Philippines (with a brand new constitution).
- Duterte’s annointed sits to reign in his place.
Well we’re not saying this is going to happen. It’s just that the probabilities are pretty high, considering the slow progress taking place in granting Mr. Daddy D’s promise of a Federal state to our Moro brothers in the South. Now just keep testing the guy’s patience and we’ll see.
So does the article’s title still make this author a piece of Yellow crap in sheep’s clothing?
- Caregivers, Caretakers, and the Filipino “Taken cared of” Syndrome - December 22, 2018
- Can Filipinos build their own rockets? - December 3, 2018
- Rebels of today, heroes of tomorrow: Will Filipinos ever grow up? - September 9, 2018
- Zaxx to Charice (Jake Zyrus): False Voice was your beginning. Will Fake Voice be your end? - August 18, 2018
- Voting, Vaginas and Vehicles: How toning down people’s rights can bring order to the Philippines - August 4, 2018