Reports of celebrities posting selfies of themselves holding ballots and sporting partisan-themed clothing are circulating across the Net. One particularly viral meme involves that of popular showbiz “love team” Kathryn Bernardo and Daniel Padilla, together known as “KathNiel” showing them posing for a photo holding what seems to be a recently filled out ballot form.
The photos were allegedly taken by ABS-CBN News reporter Gretchen Fullido who may also face chages.
Guidelines issued by the Philippines’ Commission on Elections (COMELEC) specifically prohibit taking photos of ballots inside the precinct or taking these documents outside of said precinct.
Complaints regarding this and other incidents have reached COMELEC spokesman James Jimenez who, in response, tweeted late morning Monday May 09, 2016:
kathryn and daniel and i need to talk #PiliPinas
Kathryn Chandria Manuel Bernardo (born 26 March 1996) is a Filipina actress. She is best known for her role as Mara in the primetime Filipino drama Mara Clara. Bernardo has been a contract artist of Star Magic and ABS-CBN since 2010 and most recently starred as Ana Bartolome in the 2011 drama film Way Back Home. She also played the protagonist Mikay in the primetime series Princess and I. Known as the “Teen Queen” of Philippine showbiz, FHM UK placed her on “The Top 10 Hottest Nations in the World” list, representing the country at fifth place alongside French-Filipina actress Solenn Heussaff in July 2014.
Daniel John Ford Padilla (born April 26, 1995), also known as Daniel Padilla, is a Filipino actor and recording artist/bassist of the band, Parking 5. He is a talent of ABS-CBN and Star Magic and was chosen as one of the Original Pilipino Music Junior Ambassadors in promoting local music to the Filipino youth.[NB: Parts of this article were lifted from Wikipedia.org in a manner compliant to the terms stipulated in the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License that governs usage of content made available in this site.]
- Supporters of ABS-CBN represent the interests of the oligarchy and NOT of the Filipino people - February 22, 2020
- Do Filipino parents really want their kids participating in campus “activism”? - February 17, 2020
- IBON Foundation “red-tagging” complaint will fly only if they can CATEGORICALLY DENY links to the Communist Party - February 10, 2020
- How Filipinos can fix their broken “democracy” - February 8, 2020
- The Yellow-led Philippine Opposition are missing many opportunities to LEAD Filipinos - February 3, 2020