The search for AirAsia Indonesia Flight QZ8501 which went missing on Sunday, the 28th December continues. By Monday, officials involved in the search have become less optimistic and “saw little reason to believe the flight met anything but a grim fate.”
The search which, until the end of Monday, was focused over seven zones has so far yielded little. Reports of suspicious oily patches and objects being spotted by search crews have trickled in but the information remains inconclusive.
The Malaysian and Singapore Navies are covering the two northern zones, while Indonesian military and civil search teams are covering five others. The Indonesian government has formally requested the United States for assistance in the search and the US Navy Seventh Fleet is currently on standby as the details of the requirements are worked out between the two governments.
Other governments are also contributing resources to the effort…
Indonesia has reached out to the United Kingdom, France and the United States for help with sonar devices that may be needed for an underwater search, [Bambang Sulistyo, head of Indonesian search-and-rescue] said Monday.
France has dispatched two investigators to Indonesia. They are due to arrive in Jakarta on Monday, France’s Foreign Ministry said.
The missing plane is made by Airbus, a French company.
China will dispatch aircraft and ships to participate in search and rescue efforts, the Chinese Ministry of National Defense said Tuesday.
A Chinese navy frigate previously patrolling in the South China Sea was en route to the waters near where the plane lost contact, the ministry said on its website. The Chinese air force is also assisting with planning, the ministry said.
The latest official assessment coming from an Indonesian official is that the plane is most likely to be “at the bottom of the sea” by now.
[Featured thumbnail photo: Indonesian Air Force C-130 Hercules search crew courtesy New York Daily News.]
- Opposition Yellow narrative again proven a LIABILITY after failed #NeverAgain rally and 2019 election winnables shock - September 24, 2018
- Blame on Duterte government for Ph peso depreciation UNFOUNDED - September 23, 2018
- What to expect from today’s September 21 Luneta “Grand Rally”… - September 21, 2018
- The increase in rice prices is not an act of God nor is it an act of Duterte - September 19, 2018
- Everything reported by Rappler reporter @PiaRanada about Duterte’s Israel trip was fake and malicious - September 15, 2018