Interesting insight into how the mind of a die-hard celebrity “activist” works. Attempts to discuss ideas simply fly over some people’s heads because of a seeming inability to lift the level of discourse from political people and events to the stratosphere of world-class thinking where ideas are the primary currency of discourse.
Evidence of this can be found in a Twitter exchange that celebrity and Black & White Movement honcho Leah Navarro found herself in recently:
[See original Tweet exchange here.]
Navarro seems to approach “discussion” by dragging the conversation down to her personal comfort zone — a zone where mediocre minds thrive.
Thus the sad nature of the Philippine National “debate” — one where celebrities rather than statesmen and true thinkers dominate. You can’t really take a consistent position on the real issues when you have very little room to move in a personal landscape of thinking framed by your personal affiliations. That is the whole trouble with people who presume to take a stand about something but remain irrevocably affiliated to parties and personalities. The loyalty should be to the idea and principle. Unfortunately a lot of the Philippines’ “thought leaders” are beholden to personalities.
Like her chum Jim Paredes who sold out on his own principles to align himself with the popular political fad of our time, Leah Navarro suffers from a condition not uncommon amongst the degenerate clique of opinion shapers who have for so long grossly misguided Filipinos.
Small minds discuss people;
Mediocre minds discuss events;
Brilliant minds discuss ideas.
[NB: Above quote said to have been said by former US First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt.]
- The increase in rice prices is not an act of God nor is it an act of Duterte - September 19, 2018
- Everything reported by Rappler reporter @PiaRanada about Duterte’s Israel trip was fake and malicious - September 15, 2018
- The Philippine Opposition needs to seriously prepare for the 2019 elections - September 12, 2018
- Defending Leni Robredo’s “anti-poor” statements - September 10, 2018
- The REAL solution to inflation lies in the rich and middle classes curbing NON-ESSENTIAL spending - September 8, 2018