Interesting insight into how the mind of a die-hard celebrity “activist” works. Attempts to discuss ideas simply fly over some people’s heads because of a seeming inability to lift the level of discourse from political people and events to the stratosphere of world-class thinking where ideas are the primary currency of discourse.
Evidence of this can be found in a Twitter exchange that celebrity and Black & White Movement honcho Leah Navarro found herself in recently:
[See original Tweet exchange here.]
Navarro seems to approach “discussion” by dragging the conversation down to her personal comfort zone — a zone where mediocre minds thrive.
Thus the sad nature of the Philippine National “debate” — one where celebrities rather than statesmen and true thinkers dominate. You can’t really take a consistent position on the real issues when you have very little room to move in a personal landscape of thinking framed by your personal affiliations. That is the whole trouble with people who presume to take a stand about something but remain irrevocably affiliated to parties and personalities. The loyalty should be to the idea and principle. Unfortunately a lot of the Philippines’ “thought leaders” are beholden to personalities.
Like her chum Jim Paredes who sold out on his own principles to align himself with the popular political fad of our time, Leah Navarro suffers from a condition not uncommon amongst the degenerate clique of opinion shapers who have for so long grossly misguided Filipinos.
[NB: Above quote said to have been said by former US First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt.]
Small minds discuss people;
Mediocre minds discuss events;
Brilliant minds discuss ideas.
- Genuine Filipino “activists” need to distance themselves from COMMUNISTS and their “New People’s Army” - August 16, 2019
- Communist fronts like the League of Filipino Students believe they are God’s Gift to Filipino nationalism - August 12, 2019
- Filipino kids should learn politics from QUALIFIED people and not from street “activists” - August 11, 2019
- A history of toxic femininity at Philippine media giant ABS-CBN - August 9, 2019
- China proves that might – and MONEY – makes it RIGHT - August 7, 2019