So Anne Curtis will now be doing a reprise of the mermaid role in the latest film version of Mars Ravelo’s Dyesebel. This was announced last week by ABS-CBN and Curtis is reportedly excited…
Dyesebel is a popular mermaid character in the Philippines. The comic book character was originally conceived by the Filipino comic book illustrator, Mars Ravelo and drawn by Elpidio Torres. Dyesebel is a prominent character in Philippine cinema and television. It was first serialized in Pilipino Komiks in 1952-53, and was later adapted into the big screen that same year. The movie topbilled Jaime de La Rosa as Fredo and Edna Luna as Dyesebel. The movie produced under Manuel Vistan Productions, Inc. and released thru Premiere Productions, was directed by the great Gerardo ‘Gerry’ De Leon.
“It’s another dream come true. Sobra lang akong speechless kasi napakalaking project ito. Sinasabi ko noon sa interviews dati, dream role ko ang Dyesebel. So ito na, 2014, great way to start the year,” she told media in a press conference on Thursday, January 9.
I wonder though… what are the implications of Curtis’s new role as a half girl, half fish ocean dweller on her being the current celebrity endorser of Century Tuna (the Philippines’ biggest producer of canned tuna)? Won’t it be a kind of betrayal of her fishy friends?
Well, as a consolation to Dyesebel and friends, Century Tuna Philippines joins the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) in promoting handline fishing “in a bid to cut overfishing of yellowfin and bigeye tuna.”
Dyesebel can rest easy.[NB: Parts of this article were lifted from the Wikipedia.org article “Dyesebel” in a manner compliant to the terms stipulated in the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License that governs usage of content made available in this site.]
- Community Pantry initiatives desperately being POLITICISED by Yellowtards and communists! - April 18, 2021
- People suffering “mental health issues” in this pandemic are likely those with “bucket lists” - April 17, 2021
- Go woke, go broke: ABS-CBN succumbs to cancel culture – breaks ties with CNTV - April 16, 2021
- Petition for Duterte to “resign” proves just how LAZY the Philippine Opposition is! - April 15, 2021
- Racist Yellowtards flipping over Mandarin-language Chinese News TV (CNTV) airing on ABS-CBN - April 15, 2021