Two “100% full blooded” Filipinas who have bagged slots in this year’s Miss Universe beauty pageant are making waves and are going to be sharing rooms!Gee whiz!
So there’s Miss Canada, Riza Santos and, of course, Miss Philippines Ariella Arida. Arida, described as a “24-year-old stunner” lists among her current pursuits an effort to “improve her communication skills so she can fully express herself.” This was after she had attracted some criticism for her perceived “flaws” in her ability to communicate.
Do agree though. It sounds like she does need a lot of work in that department. Pressed by Karen Davila to comment on her critics, her response was as follows:
“Especially, you know, Latinas cannot even speak a sentence, right? I mean, a complete sentence in English… You know, I think, it’s the Filipinos who are very critical about this,” she said.
Ouch, that hurt me in the head — from the inside…
Not to worry. There is some hope expressed that the 20 days they will be spending together sharing the same hotel room would “lead to a good friendship between the two beauty queens”.Wow!
We just can’t get enough of our “special blood”. Another report made it a point to highlight again and again how “Filipino blood” flows through their veins — Arida described as a “natural born Filipina” and Santos “a Filipina at heart as both parents are Filipinos”. And having emphasized all that ethnicity, well, one more point to make for good measure just had to be added in…
Whoever takes home the crown, may it be Miss Canada or Miss Philippines, would surely be a further representation of the Filipina beauty.
I dunno. I once walked into the Singapore store of Jollibee and was a bit stunned by the Filipinas I saw there. They were stunning indeed. But not in the same sense of the word used earlier.
- Prosperity for the countryside: Promote the Philippines as a haven for “digital nomads” - July 30, 2019
- Gretchen Fullido sexual harassment scandal in a time of man-shaming - October 6, 2018
- #ABSCBNBall2018 exhibits all that is wrong about the way Philippine showbiz portrays “class” - September 30, 2018
- Excitement over Panda Express arrival exhibits the power of brands over Filipino consumers - September 28, 2018
- Not really an “Asian” movie but I’m excited to see Crazy Rich Asians nonetheless - August 22, 2018