Dynasty activism: Anti-Marcos ‘activists’ disqualify politicians on the basis of their bloodlines!

Look no further than the venerable Fidel Ramos — former Philippine president and Army general extraordinaire. Today, nobody seems to remember him as one of the key implementors of former Philippine President Ferdinand Marcos’s allegedly atrocious Martial Law regime. Why have people chosen to overlook Ramos’s past as a Martial Law chieftain? Simple. Because after the 1986 “revolution” he went on to become one of the Philippines’ better (if not the best of) presidents in the three decades that followed.

The best post-1986 Philippine president: Gen. Fidel Ramos was once a Martial Law chieftain.
The best post-1986 Philippine president: Gen. Fidel Ramos was once a Martial Law chieftain.
Ramos and his pal Senator Juan Ponce Enrile are living proof that ex-Martial Law leaders not only still have careers in Philippine politics they actually excel in leadership and statesmanship. The form of government following the 1986 “revolution” is, after all, a democracy. Indeed, so-called “activists” in Yellow shirts keep reminding us of that quaint fact, as a matter of fact. In short, Ramos and Enrile — ex Martial Law chieftains extraordinaire — are, nonetheless, leaders who were chosen by the Filipino people in this here democracy.

In that light, we can see the abject hollowness of the cornerstone argument applied by these “Never Again” bozos to the sorry excuse for “activism” they showcase to their cadre of lazy-brained sheep-like followers today. The object of their girly tantrums is centred around the the vice presidential candidacy of Senator Bongbong Marcos. According to those who chant the “Never Again” slogan ad infinitum, Senator Marcos has “no right” to be vice president of the Philippines — simply because “he is a Marcos”. And yet, these same activists call for an end to patronage and dynasty politics.

Holy inconsistency, Batman!

For these so-called “activists”, when it comes to “a Marcos”, blood is thicker than merit, apparently.

So much for the modern meritocracy Filipinos as a people aspire to be.

And that is where the moral ascendancy of these “Never Again” bozos comes apart. Their brand of activism is selective and, as such, medieval in nature. On one hand, they demonise certain candidates on the sole basis of their bloodlines but, on the other, decry the prevalence of dynastic power entrenched in Philippine society. Duh?!

Obsolete kiddie slogan: 'Never again' has become a quaint relic of a tired body of Yellow propaganda.
Obsolete kiddie slogan: ‘Never again’ has become a quaint relic of a tired body of Yellow propaganda.
Consider, as an example, the esteemed philosophers and theologians of the Ateneo who have taken it upon themselves to publicly accuse the Marcos family of “brutality”. They seem to have failed to learn their expensive classroom lessons well and defer to the body of thinking skills that forms the foundation of their educational training — a sound systematic development of theses by applying a rules-based subjection of a variety counter-theses in a cyclic manner that sustains a forward trajectory in the evolution of human knowledge as a matter of routine.

In their daft latching on to a flawed notion — that politicians are qualified or unqualified (or worse, forfeit their right) to run for public office on the basis of their bloodline — anti-Marcos “activists” have all but discredited their cause. Their argument against “a Marcos” crumbles thanks to this ill-conceived cornerstone in the conceptual framework of their “activism”.

Whether it is Martial Law or any other scandal (pork, sex, abject incompetence, whatever), ultimately it is the legal framework that qualifies a politician to run for office and it is the Filipino vote that determines who wins or loses.

It can’t be any simpler than that, really. Filipinos deserve a lot better than this sort of kiddie activism.

[Thumbnail photo courtesy Manila Bulletin.]

print

Post Author: benign0

benign0 is the Webmaster of GetRealPhilippines.com.

Leave a Reply

63 Comments on "Dynasty activism: Anti-Marcos ‘activists’ disqualify politicians on the basis of their bloodlines!"

Notify of
avatar
Sort by:   newest | oldest | most voted
Eterio Herrera
Guest

Pilipinos have never known the two architect of Never Again Martial Law of the Economic hitmen of Marcos Destruction of the Philippines, a book of EHM, John Perkins revelation of the two traitor of Marcos, the smoking tobacco eddie and the Senatong tanda and his bribeb bacon barrel of justice crown of the hacienda luisita self interest yellow oligarchs deception.

juanparrot
Guest

Mga Bulag, Pipi at Bingi sa katotohanan ang karamihan sa mga Filipino.

Nabulag dahil sa pagkasilaw sa pera..

Napipi dahil sa puno ang bibig ng mga walang kwentang
bagay na pinapakain sa kanila ng mga Aquino at ng mga oligarkiya neto.

Nabingi dahil wala na silang ibang marinig kundi ang ingay ng kabobohan nila.

Toby
Guest

I said almost the exact words as a reply to an FB friend who was an anti-Marcos advocate. He did not bother to reply back.

Use this line of argument next time who get pestered by this advocates. They got nothing to rebut you with.

marius
Guest

>> For these so-called “activists”, when it comes to “a Marcos”, blood is thicker than merit, apparently.

Quite right about not judging someone by their name. More than one country in Asia have been turned around by sons-of-dictators.

But what on earth does BongBong have to offer? I gave some examples of his complete lack of intelligence in the other thread. Do you really want another president with the mental age of a child?

Toby
Guest

@marius,

Mental age of a child? Nice rhetoric you have there, son.

marius
Guest

Read the acts he’s written. Draw your own conclusions. Someone who does not understand the chemistry of hydrogen and water, or who thinks the serving size of restaurant rice is a pressing concern of the government, is not the right man to lead the nation.

Benign0: you seem to be arguing that, as long as a man isn’t running around like a headless chicken, he’s a prime candidate for leadership. Can’t we aim just a bit higher than that? Or is there literally nobody in their entire country who is even a few steps above mediocre?

Toby
Guest

You are being very deceptive, marius

Bongbong Marcos authored 57 bill in the 16th Congress and 34 in the 15th Congress.

Which of these were your rationale for claiming that he has a mental age of a child or, when simplified,is retarded?

Ilda
Admin
Irrational hatred towards BBM. I’m no BBM supporter but if you compare him to you know who, well…just look at BBM’s personal life: the guy is in a happy marriage and his kids are well mannered. That says a lot. Compare that to someone like Noynoy whose relationships don’t even last and is behaving like someone who grew up without any breeding. Noynoy is a disastrous President. It’s no surprise the tide is turning against him. He didn’t have a vision for the country because he was just forced to run. That’s the reason he simply reacts to situations instead… Read more »
marius
Guest

>> Irrational hatred towards BBM.

I don’t hate him. I’m just appalled that two (at least) intelligent people think he’s fit to run the country.

>> the guy is in a happy marriage and his kids are well mannered.

Seriously, Ilda, is THAT how low your bar is set? Are you saying all the others are wife-beaters with delinquent children?

Ilda
Admin
@marius Thanks for the compliment. No need to feel appalled because we did not make the rules on who can run for President in the Philippines. Bongbong Marcos does not have a criminal record so of course he can run for President. In fact, even someone like Erap who was already convicted of plunder still managed to seek the Presidency again back in 2010 and now he is the Manila City mayor. Unbelievable, isn’t it? You just can’t make this stuff up! I am merely an observer and my latest observation is that some people have this irrational hatred of… Read more »
vagoneto rieles
Guest
If Pnoy’s grandfather was a collaborator, Ninoy,a communist sympathizer, and Pnoy himself, a despicable crook; would all that make Ferdinand Marcos a saint, his son a Messiah, and the ‘martial law years’ a lost paradise? This seems to be the drift of Bong-Bong’s cheering squad; and the logic escapes me. Again, if this equation were reversed, would Pnoy’s family be the anointed ones? This is just crazy. One other inanity is the lumping of Ramos’, Erap’s and GMA’s administration into a 30-year-Aquino-dispensation. This is a totally false assumption; one which makes any comparison onerous. I fully understand that paid hacks… Read more »
Ilda
Admin
@vagoneto rieles If Pnoy’s grandfather was a collaborator, Ninoy,a communist sympathizer, and Pnoy himself, a despicable crook; would all that make Ferdinand Marcos a saint, his son a Messiah, and the ‘martial law years’ a lost paradise? No. I didn’t say the Marcoses are saints. Having said that, Martial Law wasn’t just about brutality of Marcos regime. You need to look at why Martial Law was declared and the threat of communism back then. From the accounts of prominent folks like Tiglao and Samonte, they confirmed members of communist group, which Ninoy was a part of, were really hell-bent on… Read more »
marius
Guest

I was referring to 408 and 1863 (which were flagged up by another poster), but when I have time I will happily go through the whole list and point out which ones have no obvious purpose except to extend the reach of the State or waste public money.

What is your view of these two bills? Do they appear to you to be the work of an intelligent man?

I want to be absolutely clear here: I’m not pointing fingers specifically at Marcos. I’m just baffled that anyone would think he stands head-and-shoulders above the rest, or is presidential material.

Toby
Guest

marius,

As for 408, the point of the bill is for hydrogen research as an alternative fuel source. You’re chemistry beef is regarding this part: Hydrogen is being processed from deuterium which is heavy water or hydrogen water without oxygen. That does not make him retarded.

For 1863, yes, the bill is ridiculous. Still does not prove that he is retarded.

Are you suggesting that Bongbong made zero bills that you consider reasonable?

marius
Guest

>> That does not make him retarded.

Not knowing something that a moderately well-schooled twelve-year-old knows is pretty embarrassing. In a president, it would be beyond shameful.

The point here is that he’s setting up and funding an entire department based on a completely stupid premise, ie., that the Philippines has a “deuterium deposit”. Are you really, honestly telling me you don’t smell a rat here?

As I said, I’ll go through the others when I have time.

john
Guest

Ok Marius ikaw na magpresidente mukahang mas magaling ka eh, bakit di ka nagfile ng kandidatura mo? Bakit ayaw mo magdemanda?

marius
Guest

John: I assume there is no Tagalog word for ‘non-sequitur’?

Toby
Guest
Moving the goalpost now, aren’t we, marius. You claimed BBM has a “mental age of a child”. Just because he failed to remember a basic atomic composition of a common molecule does not prove nor show having the “mental age of a child”. The point here is that he’s setting up and funding an entire department based on a completely stupid premise, ie., that the Philippines has a “deuterium deposit”. That is a completely false statement. The Senate Bill 408 is “AN ACT CREATING A HYDROGEN RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT CENTER AND PROVIDING FUNDS THEREFOR, AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES”. The point… Read more »
marius
Guest
>> Just because he failed to remember a basic atomic composition of a common molecule does not prove nor show having the “mental age of a child”. Toby, just listen to yourself. Spin it however you like: does “I forgot what hydrogen is, but I’m going to propose an act about it anyway” demonstrate the kind of intelligence you expect from a VP, or even from someone who passed their High School exams? I suggest not. Hence the “mind of a child” comment. Again: the act makes no sense if you know that hydrogen is not a fuel that you… Read more »
marius
Guest

>> That is a completely false statement.

Just to make this crystal clear, Toby:

“Hydrogen is processed from deuterium… This is obtained from the
deep trenches of the world and the world’s largest deposit of deuterium is in the
Philippines. Thus, a breakthrough in blah blah blah … ”

The word “thus” indicates that the whole premise of the act hinges upon said “deposit of deuterium”.

Add
Guest
@marius 3) He didn’t write the act at all, but submitted it on behalf of cronies who see an opportunity to syphon off money. It has to be #3. I encountered that group of “scientists”, 2 Americans + 2 Filipinos + 1 influence peddler, in New York. That was 1999 or 2000. They were telling the Filipino community that Philippines has the largest deposit of deuterium in the world. Biggest deposit is in the Philippine Deep near Surigao. They were asking the Filipinos to organize a corporation for fund raising. BE NATIONALISTIC they said. First impression I got was that… Read more »
ChinoF
Member

Add, I remember that deuterium thing got debunked as a hoax.

Toby
Guest

No marius. You accused BBM of having a “mental age of a child”. You are the one who needs to listen to yourself. An adult with that condition is a retard.

You have not proven your accusation. In fact, you just proven your own accusation to be false.

It just shows what kind of an interlocutor you are, marius: a dishonest one.

You are simply doing pedantry to substantiate your accusation.

marius
Guest

So let me make sure I’ve understood you, Toby:

“He’s not a retard! He’s probably just dishonest, lazy, and stupid!”

Awesome. That sounds exactly like a standard-issue Philippine president. Good luck with that.

Toby
Guest

So you are not man enough to admit your mistake. That’s cute. *pats marius in the head*

marius
Guest

Toby: you’re hilarious. You think you’ve scored a major victory by revising your favourite candidate upwards from “clinically retarded” to merely stupid and corrupt?

Do you not realise that it is people like you who make the country a global laughing-stock? Does that somehow make you happy?

Toby
Guest

The fact that you claim that Bongbong Marcos is my favorite candidate shows how intellectually inept you are. And nice attempt there in making it appear that I made a claim when all I did was question your false accusation.

I simply demonstrated that all you have, like any typical anti-Marcos, is rhetoric. And you did well demonstrating that.

You’re still cute though.*pats marius in the head*

88Hyden007Toro999.999
Guest
88Hyden007Toro999.999

Those “Never Again” YellowTard activists, are like a herd of aheeps, following a lead sheep going on the “matuwid na daan”, directly into a “bangin”.

Anybody can run for public office. Aquino and his minions of followers are: Thieves, Murderers, Plunderers, Incompetent, etc…Yet, they are allowed to run, and are elected into offices.

Ramos was not a good President. Enrile is the worst Political Opportunist and plunderer.

Aquino and Mar Roxas; who are incompetent; scammers; con artists and plunderers ; are even allowed to run.

Add
Guest
@marius I could no longer ignore BBM when he came out with an alternative to BBL. It was quite impressive when he got the majority of the Senate to side with him. I never thought somebody with Marcos as a family name could do that in a body dominated by Yellows. But, when everybody almost got paralyzed in the aftermath of the massacre of the SAF44, BBM got to work, consulting with many groups in Mindanao. I have always opposed BBL because it was a peace deal with just one group; on top of that, it was a group leaning… Read more »
Add
Guest

Sorry, I got the bold in reverse

ChinoF
Member

Wow, what a story you shared here, Add. It seems similar to what I posted above: What used to be bad became somewhat good because the successor is worse. And in order to keep the bad looking bad, the lovers of the worse want to sanitize the worse, making it look good, but in fact, it’s still worse. It’s a situation how backward our society is even at the intellectual level. Perhaps Kate Natividad’s article to the right about intellectuals also “dumbing-down” could apply to this case.

Add
Guest

Exactly, Chino.

Toby
Guest

Impressive, Mr. Add!

I do hope the anti-Marcoses would not demonize you as well.

Add
Guest
Thanks, Toby Ya, hope not, Toby. But, they should wake up. Acquaintances we have in mainland US, Hawaii, and Guam, who in one way of the other were also adversely affected by ML, have also changed their minds because of what has transpired in the PHL in the last 30 years, specifically in the last six years. Just last Dec, our friend in Hawaii sent BBM USD500. We asked why he would send money to a rich guy. It is for moral support in a concrete way, he said. He said the Yellows are creating too many poor people; they… Read more »
DIO
Guest

Wow, can I copy these in FB later? Actually, this was utterly gold. You almost hit right in the head!

Add
Guest

Sure, DIO.

marius
Guest
Add: that’s one hell of a story. I’ve heard similar ones from other people. To move on from that, psychologically, is an immense achievement. You are one of the posters here who always writes intelligently and thoughtfully. You clearly know a lot about what goes on behind the scenes – far more than I would ever have access to. My point has always been much the same as yours: by their fruit shall you know them. I skimmed through the acts sponsored by Marcos Jr., and they’re a mixed bag, ranging from the enlightened to the outrageously stupid. That in… Read more »
Add
Guest
Hi @marius “But would it not be possible for BBM to make a statement to that effect?” I think it was TV5 news last month where I saw him saying they remain open to negotiation. I think, however, that was just a soundbyte for election purposes, because as far as I know no serious sit-down negotiation is currently going on between the govt and the family. What they are doing today is just recycling news, and spinning them as new, those that were already recovered during the time of Cory and Ramos, which is the time in which bulk of… Read more »
ChinoF
Member

So does this mean the Marcoses are trying to return the “loot,” but there are some out there who are trying to block this because it will deprive them of a scapegoat to use for their fearmongering methods? Sounds interesting.

PiN
Guest

@Add
Nice post! Can you name who these people are behind this “group very much identified with the Marcoses”?

Add
Guest

@PIN
It’s lead by a guy with the initials of R.A. I would prefer not to give info beyond that. He eventually sold the operation to another group and moved on to another business. I don’t want to open an old wound, but the guy though gone now, the children have become powerful local warlords.

martin
Guest

will vote receipts initiate vote buying? YES! vote receipts should not be taken out of the precinct. it’s just for the voters to see that their votes is counted in under their names. make sense!

ChinoF
Member

Seriously, it should be obvious; all this attention on BBM is the latest attempt to draw attention off the crimes and misdeeds of the Aquinos and allies. It’s basically “look! there’s the enemy!” then while we’re distracted they scurry off to hide. Oldest trick in the book, but so old, it won’t work on us.

787Hyden007Toro9999.99
Guest
787Hyden007Toro9999.99
The only resort we have, is: forget about the Marcos Martial Law, EDSAs, and move on. Martial Law atrocities were committed by : Ramos, Enrile , Honasan, etc…if we talk about these atrocities, we put on the forefront these Martial Law Brutes. They were the designers of Marcos Martial Law. The jailers and torturers/murderers of Martial Law victims. It is laughable to accuse Sen. Ferdinand Marcos, Jr., of these Martial Law atrocities. He was just a boy, at that time. Those “Never Again” activists, should Focus on the present issues of the government. Past is past…it is done. It is… Read more »
vagoneto rieles
Guest
Can we please disabuse our minds, (and not be insulting), by saying that Bong-Bong Marcos was ‘just an innocent boy’ during the martial law years. The man was born in 1957. He was 15 in 1972 when martial law was inflicted on the country, and a fully aware, grown man of 29 when he and his family fled Malacanang. This is somebody who knows where “the bodies are buried”, (relax.. that’s just a very apt cliche). Do I worry that he might become a corrupt and ruthless President one day? You bet your ass I do. Will I be surprised?… Read more »
777Hyden007Toro
Guest

Hey, YellowTard/WorryWart…worry about Aquino and Mar Roxas , selling our country to the ISIS/Al Queda and MILF…

vagoneto rieles
Guest

Hi,
“..tard”..is that the best you can do? Really?

domo
Guest

Right back at you desperate yellowtard! Hey how about if I call your brother a criminal then if you even killed someone? Are you failipinos really THAT low?

88Toro007Hyden9999.99
Guest
88Toro007Hyden9999.99

@vagoneto rieles:

You are another YellowTard/Worrywart; who should be worrying on Aquino and Mar Roxas :incompetence, irresponsibillities, thieveries; plunder; their lack of sympathy/concern to the victims of the 44 SAF Heroes of the Mamapasano massacre.

Mar Roxas cannot distinguish between a Misencounter and a Massacre. Aquino thinks that the 44 SAF heroes, were invading the territories of his MILF/ISIS/Al Queda buddies. Aquino allowed the 44 SAF Heroes to be massacred. The same way , he allowed the Luneta Chinese tourists , to be massacred.

vagoneto rieles
Guest
Hi Toro 007, I can’t argue this one. At the risk of sounding callous and indifferent, I’d state once again that the SAF raid on the MILF’s Mamasapano stronghold within the ARMM area, was an ill-advised raid.. a surprise attack.. to capture or neutralize two MILF bomb makers. The renegades fought back and inflicted a lopsided drubbing on the SAF raiders. The SAF planners were simply inadequate as to not expect a hostile reaction, and for not having a workable exit strategy. In the mopping-up process, the MILF cruelly mutilated and morbidly robbed the dead of their belongings. This latter… Read more »
67Hyden007Toro999.99
Guest
@vagoneto rieles: What a stupid story. Who sent those 44 SAF heroes, to their deaths? Why was a suspended Police involved in the operation?So, there was no planning? No exit strategy? And, Aquino and Mar Roxas, approved the operation? Aquino and Mar Roxas were involved in this operation. Why was Aquino , not there to receive the bodies of the massacred 44 SAF heroes? Why did Mar Roxas called this massacre a “misencounter? Aquino and Mar Roxas were selling to us, to approve, the BBL Law . So, in my opinion, they were trying to appease the MILF/ISIS/Al Queda… The… Read more »
43Toro007Hyden0909.99
Guest
43Toro007Hyden0909.99

@vagoneto rifles:

An ISIS/Al Queda, representative was even allowed to testify in the “Batasan Pambansa”, having an “Alias” name, to promote the approval of the BBL Law, on the request of Aquino and Mar Roxas.

If this is not TREASON, like what Benign Aquino, Sr. , did during the Japanese Imperialist occupation. What do you call this? Coddling an enemy of the Republic.

Vagoneto Rieles
Guest
Hello Toro 007, I am sending you the comments I made some two months ago, with a view to put your mind at ease; or, to at least know that I take no side in these arguments. I am simply on the side of what’s right. If still you don’t get it, you might need some professional help. Please have a good day. “I had always been very vocal about my objection and condemnation of the BBL in its entirety. My position on the matter, today, has not changed; if it has, at all, it is towards a more vigorous… Read more »
domo
Guest

Says the hypocrite who can’t also move on from the “evil dictator’s” martial law. Congratulations for shooting your own foot dimwit.

99Hyden007Toro999.99
Guest

An ISIS/Al Queda/MILF representative….(corrected)….

88Hyden007Toro999.99
Guest
@vagoneto rieles: Move on? There are patterns of misbehavior that Aquino and Mar Roxas had done. Have you ever heard of the word: “Command Responsibility”? The 44 SAF heroes were massacred , without mercy…a suspended Police, whom you had stated, was not familiar with the terrain, was in charge. Who ordered him to be there? Who ordered him to take command of the operation? Let us bring Purisima out; and “torture” him, so that he will talk. Aquino was nearby in Zamboanga, as you stated. Why did he not ordered air or artillery support? Or, reinforcements? Aquino was petrified…the same… Read more »
d_forsaken
Guest

A truth that’s told with bad intent, beats all the lies you can invent.

Stefan
Guest
It’s not the issue of bloodlines. Fact is that Ferdinand Marcos stole a lot of public funds. Many of these funds are still in possession of the Marcos clan. If Bongbong were a good politician he would say: “In the name of the Marcos family I apologize for the misbehavior of my parents and high ranked government officials during martial law. I apologize for the disappearances, the tortures and murders under rul of my parents.” But Bongbong is doing the opposite. He tries to defend has parents and tries to portray them as good rulers. And that’ss the issue: Bongbong’s… Read more »
ChinoF
Member

Bongbong’s defense is more like, “we did not steal the money or order killings, but someone else did.”

Stefan
Guest

So id others stole the money how came it in possession of the Marcos clan? And if the funds are in possession of FM and his family why didn’t they return them? And the killings and tortures, why didn’t FM order an investigation?