Kudos to whoever made this photoshopped image of Manny Pacquiao making like Coach in Miami! Brilliant!
It’s true in a different sense, however. The Filipino pound-for-pound greatest fighter in the world is making a career move into what remains the Philippines’ favourite sport…
Pacquiao’s love for basketball is no secret, and he told reporters in the Philippines this week that he was taking the coaching position seriously.
“A great responsibility,” Pacquiao said.
That being said, the next fight for the 147-pound champion is scheduled for November, shortly after the PBA season begins. The opponent remains unclear, though there’s speculation that it could be a fifth bout against Juan Manuel Marquez.
Quips NBA coach Erik Spoelstra: “Well, I’m not taking a boxing job…”
Spoelstra gained fame amongst Filipinos on account of the “Filipino blood” supposedly flowing through his veins.
[Image source: Twitter]
- The time has come to have a conversation about someone’s face - October 16, 2017
- How Jover Laurio (a.k.a. @PinoyAkoBlog) intellectually-bankrupted the Ateneo de Manila University - October 16, 2017
- Blade Runner 2049 features the consummation of personal AI - October 15, 2017
- Recalling “Oeneta” – a play banned for being highly-critical of the Ateneo High School - October 14, 2017
- Jover Laurio, a.k.a. @PinoyAkoBlog: Don’t be fooled by the victim card she now plays - October 13, 2017