Making waves following the latest beauty contest gaffe: Ms Philippines USA Joanlia Lising lets out a doozy of a Q-and-A response! Reported in the Sydney Morning Herald…
Asked which of the five senses she would prefer to have and why, the “Licensed Practical Nurse graduate” began by thanking the host “for that wonderful question”.
Advertisement “If I had to pick out of the five senses,” she said, “I would pick seeing because seeing is the sense that we can ever see because seeing is believing.”
She got that part right. If only she quit while she was ahead.
“And believing … what you see is perfect and out of all the senses seeing would really be wonderful because … thank you that will be it.”
And with that she gave a winning smile. Winning, but for all the wrong reasons.
To be fair, Ms Lising’s is just the most recent contribution to a long tradition of hilarious beauty contest quotable quotes.
[Image courtesy Facebook.]
- After being a big “anti-Fake News crusader”, Rappler is now exposed as a Fake News Site! - February 20, 2018
- Bong Go cleared of “intervention” allegations, Rappler’s crooked journalism laid bare! - February 19, 2018
- Filipino culture may not be compatible with operating and using modern train systems - February 19, 2018
- Does anyone have the right to tell Liza Soberano how “Filipino” she is? - February 19, 2018
- Yet another sloppy Rappler report launches needless brouhaha over frigate project - February 17, 2018