Making waves following the latest beauty contest gaffe: Ms Philippines USA Joanlia Lising lets out a doozy of a Q-and-A response! Reported in the Sydney Morning Herald…
Asked which of the five senses she would prefer to have and why, the “Licensed Practical Nurse graduate” began by thanking the host “for that wonderful question”.
Advertisement “If I had to pick out of the five senses,” she said, “I would pick seeing because seeing is the sense that we can ever see because seeing is believing.”
She got that part right. If only she quit while she was ahead.
“And believing … what you see is perfect and out of all the senses seeing would really be wonderful because … thank you that will be it.”
And with that she gave a winning smile. Winning, but for all the wrong reasons.
To be fair, Ms Lising’s is just the most recent contribution to a long tradition of hilarious beauty contest quotable quotes.
[Image courtesy Facebook.]
- Filipinos will gain more self-respect by eliminating their dependency on First World dole-outs - October 19, 2017
- HOPE lies in imagining a JEEPNEY-FREE Philippines - October 18, 2017
- Like squatters, jeepney drivers are national PARASITES - October 17, 2017
- The time has come to have a conversation about someone’s face - October 16, 2017
- How Jover Laurio (a.k.a. @PinoyAkoBlog) intellectually-bankrupted the Ateneo de Manila University - October 16, 2017