This is what ‘actress-politician’ Lani Mercado, wife of actor-turned-senator Bong Revilla had to say about the idea of scrapping altogether the Priority Development Assistance Fund (PDAF) or pork barrel:
“Basta huwag lang manghihingi sa amin ang mga tao!”
Source of quote: PEP.ph.
And we wonder why the Philippines is renowned for its beggar culture.
To Ms. Lani Mercado et al:
Ang pera ay hindi hinihingi. Ito ay kinikita.
- The death of old-school ‘journalism’ proves that democracy is ALIVE in the Philippines - April 29, 2017
- The rich understand poverty a lot more than the poor do - April 24, 2017
- Are we seeing the end of an era of extreme liberalism? - April 22, 2017
- Campaign to put Duterte in @TIME ‘100 Most Influential’ list backfires! - April 21, 2017
- Are UP students suffering from a failure of thinking? - April 20, 2017