This is what ‘actress-politician’ Lani Mercado, wife of actor-turned-senator Bong Revilla had to say about the idea of scrapping altogether the Priority Development Assistance Fund (PDAF) or pork barrel:
“Basta huwag lang manghihingi sa amin ang mga tao!”
Source of quote: PEP.ph.
And we wonder why the Philippines is renowned for its beggar culture.
To Ms. Lani Mercado et al:
Ang pera ay hindi hinihingi. Ito ay kinikita.
- CBCP’s “Walk of Life” stunt illustrates just how primtive a society the Philippines remains - February 21, 2017
- Duterte critics desperately rally behind the LIAR Arturo Lascanas - February 20, 2017
- The spectacle of nuns who presume to be politicians’ “guardian angels” - February 19, 2017
- Stupid logic: Filipinos’ shrill whine over the Philippine Constabulary’s return - February 16, 2017
- Key Duterte initiatives lay foundation for sustained economic growth - February 14, 2017