I hear that one needs to stay in the Shangri La or some other posh resort to enjoy Boracay nowadays. Back in the days when the island was just a sleepy paradise, roughing it up in a rinky-dink hut or no-frills inn was the way to go. Is the spirit of beach combing the way it was portrayed by Leonardo di Caprio in the film The Beach dead in the Philippines? Are Filipinos quite simply habitual point missers?
Is this progress?
- Martial Law “debate”: Does the Constitution serve Filipinos? Or do Filipinos serve the Constitution? - December 13, 2017
- ‘Resibo Queen’ Jover Laurio represents the demise of free speech on social media - December 12, 2017
- ‘Human rights’ under fire due to Duterte critics’ destructive them-versus-us rhetoric - December 11, 2017
- Today is International Human Rights Day, but is “human rights” really an international thing? - December 10, 2017
- How EXACTLY is the Duterte government a ‘repressive’ and ‘fascist’ one? - December 7, 2017