I hear that one needs to stay in the Shangri La or some other posh resort to enjoy Boracay nowadays. Back in the days when the island was just a sleepy paradise, roughing it up in a rinky-dink hut or no-frills inn was the way to go. Is the spirit of beach combing the way it was portrayed by Leonardo di Caprio in the film The Beach dead in the Philippines? Are Filipinos quite simply habitual point missers?
Is this progress?
- Winning an election is a skill the Philippine Opposition needs to learn again - June 22, 2018
- Depreciating Philippine peso could spell doom for social media “influencers” - June 18, 2018
- Philippine poverty is really a very simple problem. It really is. - June 8, 2018
- Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord God Ninoy Aquino in vain - June 6, 2018
- Filipino liberals presume to know better than people who choose NOT to be “victims” - June 5, 2018