I hear that one needs to stay in the Shangri La or some other posh resort to enjoy Boracay nowadays. Back in the days when the island was just a sleepy paradise, roughing it up in a rinky-dink hut or no-frills inn was the way to go. Is the spirit of beach combing the way it was portrayed by Leonardo di Caprio in the film The Beach dead in the Philippines? Are Filipinos quite simply habitual point missers?
Is this progress?
- Bong Go cleared of “intervention” allegations, Rappler’s crooked journalism laid bare! - February 19, 2018
- Filipino culture may not be compatible with operating and using modern train systems - February 19, 2018
- Does anyone have the right to tell Liza Soberano how “Filipino” she is? - February 19, 2018
- Yet another sloppy Rappler report launches needless brouhaha over frigate project - February 17, 2018
- The Philippine Opposition’s sad colonial mentality - February 16, 2018