I just finished seeing the film RED (Retired Extremely Dangerous) on DVD. It stars older geezers like Morgan Freeman, Bruce Willis, John Malkovich, and …oops… let’s leave out Madam Helen Mirren from the “older geezers” list. The best part about RED is seeing Helen Mirren expertly wield all sorts of kick-ass firearms. A high-powered sniper rifle, a tripod-mounted heavy machine gun, and a machine pistol, among others.
Best scene in RED saw Mirren firing a submachine gun in full auto. Most remarkable about what seems to have become an iconic scene is her not blinking over the few seconds it took to empty each clip. Like the real McCoy, I suppose — wide-eyed and focused on the target!
- Noynoy Aquino lauded for merely showing up at Congress inquiry on Dengvaxia - December 15, 2017
- Martial Law “debate”: Does the Constitution serve Filipinos? Or do Filipinos serve the Constitution? - December 13, 2017
- ‘Resibo Queen’ Jover Laurio represents the demise of free speech on social media - December 12, 2017
- ‘Human rights’ under fire due to Duterte critics’ destructive them-versus-us rhetoric - December 11, 2017
- Today is International Human Rights Day, but is “human rights” really an international thing? - December 10, 2017