I just finished seeing the film RED (Retired Extremely Dangerous) on DVD. It stars older geezers like Morgan Freeman, Bruce Willis, John Malkovich, and …oops… let’s leave out Madam Helen Mirren from the “older geezers” list. The best part about RED is seeing Helen Mirren expertly wield all sorts of kick-ass firearms. A high-powered sniper rifle, a tripod-mounted heavy machine gun, and a machine pistol, among others.
Best scene in RED saw Mirren firing a submachine gun in full auto. Most remarkable about what seems to have become an iconic scene is her not blinking over the few seconds it took to empty each clip. Like the real McCoy, I suppose — wide-eyed and focused on the target!
- The time has come to have a conversation about someone’s face - October 16, 2017
- How Jover Laurio (a.k.a. @PinoyAkoBlog) intellectually-bankrupted the Ateneo de Manila University - October 16, 2017
- Blade Runner 2049 features the consummation of personal AI - October 15, 2017
- Recalling “Oeneta” – a play banned for being highly-critical of the Ateneo High School - October 14, 2017
- Jover Laurio, a.k.a. @PinoyAkoBlog: Don’t be fooled by the victim card she now plays - October 13, 2017