I just finished seeing the film RED (Retired Extremely Dangerous) on DVD. It stars older geezers like Morgan Freeman, Bruce Willis, John Malkovich, and …oops… let’s leave out Madam Helen Mirren from the “older geezers” list. The best part about RED is seeing Helen Mirren expertly wield all sorts of kick-ass firearms. A high-powered sniper rifle, a tripod-mounted heavy machine gun, and a machine pistol, among others.
Best scene in RED saw Mirren firing a submachine gun in full auto. Most remarkable about what seems to have become an iconic scene is her not blinking over the few seconds it took to empty each clip. Like the real McCoy, I suppose — wide-eyed and focused on the target!
- Filipinos should stop believing in “evil” in order to progress as a society - July 16, 2018
- Duterte’s popularity continues to soar despite the best efforts of the Opposition to shoot him down - July 16, 2018
- The REAL Philippine State of the Nation demystified - July 15, 2018
- Under federalism, EVERY Filipino tribe will find out what they are REALLY made of - July 13, 2018
- The Philippine Opposition’s only REAL goal is to SABOTAGE the Philippine economy - July 13, 2018