I just finished seeing the film RED (Retired Extremely Dangerous) on DVD. It stars older geezers like Morgan Freeman, Bruce Willis, John Malkovich, and …oops… let’s leave out Madam Helen Mirren from the “older geezers” list. The best part about RED is seeing Helen Mirren expertly wield all sorts of kick-ass firearms. A high-powered sniper rifle, a tripod-mounted heavy machine gun, and a machine pistol, among others.
Best scene in RED saw Mirren firing a submachine gun in full auto. Most remarkable about what seems to have become an iconic scene is her not blinking over the few seconds it took to empty each clip. Like the real McCoy, I suppose — wide-eyed and focused on the target!
- Do people really know who Stephen Hawking was? - March 16, 2018
- The Philippines is now truly INDEPENDENT after pulling out from the International Criminal Court - March 15, 2018
- How Filipino liberal women have WEAPONISED the Feminist Movement against Duterte - March 14, 2018
- Here is why CJ Sereno MUST resign NOW… - March 13, 2018
- Filipinos have no choice but to pay more taxes - March 13, 2018