Remember the old days when you had to know how to program a computer in order to use one? Nowadays using a computer is like watching TV. We use it without having to know what makes it tick. There is no appreciation of how clever one had to be to come up with an app like, say, Facebook. In schools, nowadays, a “computer course” is where students learn how to use MS Office. Back in the old days, computer courses taught kids how to program computers using the BASIC programming language. Kids are taught now to use rather than how to build.
Most computer users today are likely to have never seen or even heard of a command prompt. They simply point, click, drag, and drop stuff. Oh yes, and they occasionally write something too.
- Filipinos have lost the right to be “shocked” about what happened to Boracay - March 22, 2018
- Facebook hears the secrets that you keep when you’re talking in your sleep - March 21, 2018
- Philippines’ withdrawal from the International Criminal Court is a source of REAL national pride - March 20, 2018
- Janet Lim Napoles is worth more to Filipinos as a witness than as a jailed crook - March 19, 2018
- Do people really know who Stephen Hawking was? - March 16, 2018